Timothy is the Director of LP Law Corporation. With an extensive background in private practice and in-house MNCs, he is experienced in handling regional and cross-border corporate matters with an added insight into business considerations, processes, and requirements.
With almost 15 years of legal experience, Timothy has rich legal expertise with matters pertaining to corporate, compliance and family legal work. He is a trusted advisor of various local and foreign companies and is regularly appointed to advise and manage their legal and compliance teams.
After graduating from Murdoch University, Australia in 2009, Timothy returned to Singapore and has been practicing since then. He regularly upgrades himself academically and has been awarded a Diploma in Compliance from the International Compliance Training Academy (ICTA) and is also a certified Chartered Secretary and Governance Professional under the Chartered Secretaries Institute of Singapore (CSIS).
Timothy has worked on a variety of corporate matters ranging from fund-raising, mergers and acquisition to intellectual property and applications for financial licenses in the region.
Some of his recent work include:
- Series C for a fintech company for more than €70 million
- Series A and Series B for a Singapore gaming company for more than $30 million
- Acquisition of logistics provider for $15 million
- Sale of an insurance brokerage, for more than USD 1 million, to a SEA unicorn
- Cross border sale of a fintech company to an Australian listed company
- Obtaining financial, insurance and securities licenses in Vietnam, Philippines, Thailand and Singapore
- Pre-seed fundraising for a Singapore AI startup
- Acquisition of a corporate services firm by a family office
Timothy’s main areas of practice include mergers and acquisitions, contracts, intellectual property, personal data, family law, divorce and probate.
His strength lies in is his flexibility and readiness to listen. He has worked with many clients for the last decade and they continue to work with Timothy for his accurate and prompt legal advice.
Timothy believes that perseverance is the path to success and never give up, never back down.
- LL.B Murdoch University
- ACS, ACG, Dip (GRC)
- Advocate & Solicitor Supreme Court of Singapore
English (fluent), Mandarin (fluent)